Syracuse University, Aug ‘23
PHD – Counseling and Counselor Education (CACREP)
CAS – Women’s and Gender Studies
Future Professoriate Program
Hunter College (CUNY), Jan ’12 & May ‘15
MSED – Mental Health Counseling
BA – Psychology & English
Honors, Awards & Leadership
• Orange Holmes Scholar, 2021-‘24
• Sigma Upsilon Chapter Of Chi Sigma Iota, Chapter President, 2021-‘22
• Sigma Upsilon Chapter Of Chi Sigma Iota, Chapter President-Elect, 2020-‘21
• African American Studies Department, External Fellow, 2020-‘21
• Graduate Student Organization, Travel Grant Committee Member, 2021-‘21
• Counseling Leadership Award, 2015
• Mu Sigma Rho Chapter Of Chi Sigma Iota, Chapter President, 2014-‘15
• Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology, 2011
Syracuse University – Counseling & Human Services Department, Since Aug ‘20
• Provision of Didactic and Triadic Clinical Supervision of Master’s Students in Counseling
• TA for COU 790 Internship in Counseling – Summer ’21
• TA for COU 626 Social and Cultural Dimensions of Counseling – Spring ‘21
• Completed COU 874 Theory and Practice of Clinical Supervision – Fall ‘20
SUNY Oswego – Counseling Services Center, Aug ’20 to June ‘21
• Individual and group counseling for college students
• Group supervision and consultation of master’s students
Andre, L. & Kempton, G. (2021, March 25). Rights and Responsibility for The Wounded Counselor in Clinical Work, Leadership and Advocacy [Poster Presentation], CSI Days 2021, Virtual Conference. https://www.csi-net.org/page/2020_Posters
Plasencia, C., Watson, T. & Andre, L. (2021, June 8). Unicorns at the Counseling Center: Retention, Resourcefulness, and Realness [Panel Presentation], 39th Annual CCNY Conference, Virtual Conference. (Approved with CEs)
O’Hara, C. & Andre, L. (2021, June 10-12). Cross-Racial Co-Instruction of a Social and Cultural Diversity Course: Lessons Learned from a Professor and Doctoral Student Dyad [Conference Presentation], 2021 AMCD Conference, Virtual Conference. (Approved with CEs)
Andre, L. (2021, July 14-16). Cross-Cultural Supervision – Minoritized Doctoral Supervisors’ Experience of Critical Incidents with CITs [Poster Presentation], IICCS 2021, Washington, DC. https://redlands.padlet.org/ro...
Andre, L. (2021, August 4-10). Are We Considering Black Counselors in Private Practice? [Poster Presentation], NYMCHA 2021, Virtual Convention. (Presentation Postponed)
Licensed Mental Health Counselor • Sunshine Advocacy, Since Jan ‘19
• The founder of Sunshine Advocacy Counseling, offering a counseling experience that focuses on client empowerment through access to a safe space for processing and coping with history of trauma, ongoing stressors and finding their personal sunshine.
General & Adolescent Mental Health Coordinator • Jewish Board, Mar ‘17 – Aug ‘20
• The lead clinical consultant on mental health issues impacting families referred to the ACS.
• Provided advisement and training to child protective specialists regarding identification of mental health risks and access to services for children, adolescents, and families.
Psychotherapist • Interborough Developmental & Consultation Center, Dec ‘15 – May ‘19
• Performed initial and ongoing assessments for individuals and families who presented with the medical need and/or desire to engage with therapy services.
• Consulted with a multidisciplinary treatment team to ensure effective continuity of care.
Mental Health Case Manager • Samaritan DayTop Village, Aug ‘15 – Feb ‘17
• Conducted comprehensive psychosocial assessments, with focus on mental health and substance use history, to diagnose and to determine designation to appropriate level of care.
• Created an adolescent treatment agenda for a group of adolescents with foster care and/or ACS involvement in addition to known substance use.
• Supervised student interns in mental health counseling and social work.
Program Coordinator • CUNY Counseling Apprenticeship Program, Sept ‘13 – Aug ‘15
• Facilitated the Sister2Sister Peer Mentoring Program - Women’s Resource Center.
• Developed tools for data collection, advertisement and confidential maintenance of student demographic and progress information.
American Counseling Association
Association of Counseling Education and Supervision
Association for Multicultural Counseling and Development
Chi Sigma Iota
Counselors for Social Justice
National Board for Certified Counselors
New York Mental Health Counselors Association (Metro Chapter)
Therapy For Black Girls